Erban Development is proud to announce its recent achievements at the 2015 HIA-Polytec Perth Housing Awards and the WA Greensmart Awards. Successful in a total of four categories, Erban Development’s recently completed Hancock Street property in Doubleview won two awards and was a finalist in two other categories:
- 2015 HIA-Polytec Perth Housing Awards – Winner – Framed Home under $350K
- 2015 HIA-Polytec Perth Housing Awards – Finalist – Framed Home of the Year
- 2015 WA Greensmart Awards – Winner – Framed Home of the Year
- 2015 WA Greensmart Awards – Finalist – Greensmart Home of the Year
“Obviously we are thrilled to have our work recognised in this way, and equally pleased that the owners now have an award-winning property to come home to” says Eric Diaz, Managing Director, Erban Development.
“But perhaps our proudest achievement is providing our client with the assurance that comes with owning a modern and highly efficient home, particularly one that raises the benchmark for sustainable home design in Perth.”
For the client, the success of the project is reflected not just in the completed project, but in the overall experience. “… We are definitely thrilled with our finished product. Eric was open with us at all times and his experience guiding us throughout the whole process enabled us to build with confidence in our decisions.”
Some of the design and sustainability features celebrated in this property, include:
- 6 star energy rating (as per HERS nationally accredited rating system)
- The use of structural insulated panels in the roof for thermal control
- Wide eaves, calculated to shade the home in summer and allow sun in winter
- Building orientation that captures the northern sun in winter
- Strategically angled louvered windows that facilitate cross ventilation in summer
- Exposed ‘burnished’ concrete flooring for both thermal mass and aesthetic
- European designed and manufactured solar hot water system for reduced energy consumption
- Ceiling fans throughout the home in place of air-conditioning
- Engineered timbers applied as a themed finish throughout the home
- A clever combination of open plan and outdoor living, suited to the client’s coastal lifestyle.
The growth of sustainable design in WA
Although there is unquestionably growing demand for more sustainable housing design in WA, for many, a fascination with traditional double brick homes still remains.
“Naturally we offer a broad range of building solutions to suit individual tastes and project requirements” says Eric. “But we are encouraged by the departure from traditional building methods and materials that this home represents – towards more clever and sustainable designs.”
To learn more about this project browse our photo gallery.
Or contact us to discuss creating your dream “green” home.